Last updated on October 19th, 2017
PURPOSE OF OUR POLICY
- Zed Technologies Pty Ltd ACN 145 575 408, of 12 Yarra St, South Yarra, Victoria, Australia (Zed Technologies or we) provides an online platform which allows customers to store, retrieve and view diagnostic imagery on mobile devices and via the My Film Bag website located at www.myfilmbag.com (the Services).
- our provision of the Services; and
- the normal day-to-day operations of our business.
WHO AND WHAT THIS POLICY APPLIES TO
- We collect and store Personal Information, including sensitive (health) Personal Information (being the images produced, captured or prepared by your radiology clinic (Diagnostic Imagery) (Health Information), for and on behalf of our customers.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the course of providing our Services, it is necessary for us to collect Personal Information about you, including Health Information. Without limitation, the type of information we may collect includes:
- Personal Details: We collect personal details such as your name, gender, date of birth and other information defined as Personal Information in the Privacy Act that allows us to identify who you are; and
- Health Records: We collect Diagnostic Imagery in order to provide our Services, which include the provision of an online storage facility which enables you to store, retrieve and view your Diagnostic Imagery.
- We may also collect non-Personal Information about you such as information regarding your computer, network and browser. This may include your IP address. Where non-Personal Information is collected the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply.
- In the course of providing our Services, it is necessary for us to collect Personal Information about you, including Health Information. Without limitation, the type of information we may collect includes:
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways including but not limited to:
- Health Providers. Health information is provided to us by health professionals, being radiology clinics;
- Accounts/Memberships. When you submit your details to open an account and/or become a member with us;
- Access. When you access us through the internet we may collect information using cookies (if relevant - you can adjust your browser's setting to accept or reject cookies) or analytical services; and/or
- Pixel Tags. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format you can read and they tell us whether mail has been opened.
- As there are many circumstances in which we may collect information both electronically and physically, we will endeavour to ensure that you are always aware of when your Personal Information is being collected.
- Where we obtain Personal Information without your knowledge (such as by accidental acquisition) we will either delete/destroy the information, or inform you that we hold such information, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
- We collect Personal Information in a number of ways including but not limited to:
WHEN PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED & DISCLOSED
- In general, the primary principle is that we will not use any Personal Information other than for the purpose for which it was collected and other than with your consent. The purpose of collection is determined by the circumstances in which the information was collected and/or submitted.
- It may be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Information to third parties in a manner compliant with the Australian Privacy Principles in the course of our business.
- We will not disclose or sell your Personal Information to unrelated third parties under any circumstances.
Information is used to enable us to operate our business, especially as it relates to you. This may include:
- The provision of goods and services between you and us;
- Verifying your identity;
Communicating with you about:
- Your relationship with us;
- Our goods and services;
- Our own marketing and promotions to you;
- Investigating any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- As required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
THE SAFETY & SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will take all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access. This includes appropriately securing our physical facilities and electronic networks.
- The security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. If you provide information to us via the internet or by post you do so at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, Personal Information where the security of information is not within our control.
- We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party (including third parties that we are permitted to disclose your Personal Information to in accordance with this policy or any applicable laws). The collection and use of your information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
- If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your Personal Information, you should let us know immediately.
- We are not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising out of another person's use of the Personal Information where we were authorised to provide that person with the Personal Information.
- We may use external service providers to assist us to provide the Services, including without limitation data and cloud storage service providers, and including external service providers located outside New Zealand and/or Australia. This may mean that your Personal Information is held and processed outside New Zealand and/or Australia.
HOW TO ACCESS AND/OR UPDATE INFORMATION
- Subject to the Privacy Principles, you have the right to request from us access to the Personal Information that we have about you, and we have an obligation to confirm a decision to provide that information (and any conditions for providing the information, for example, any related charges) or give you justified reasons for any refusal to provide you with such information within 20 days of receiving your request. We may require you to provide evidence of your identity before providing you with any Personal Information.
- You have a right to request correction of readily retrievable Personal Information. If you cannot update your own information, we will correct any errors in the Personal Information we hold about you within 7 days of receiving notice from you about those errors.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate Personal Information. We cannot be liable for any information that is provided to us that is incorrect.
- We may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs incurred in meeting any of your requests to disclose the Personal Information we hold about you.
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
- If you have a complaint about our handling of their Personal Information, you should address your complaint in writing to the details below.
- If we have a dispute regarding your Personal Information, we both must first attempt to resolve the issue directly between us.
- If we become aware of any unauthorised access to your Personal Information we will inform you at the earliest practical opportunity once we have established what was accessed and how it was accessed.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE HOLD
- We take reasonable steps to make sure that the Personal Information that we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. Please contact us if you believe that the Personal Information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, and we will take reasonable steps to correct the information.
- From time to time, we may send you important notices, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt out of receiving these communications whenever you are using our services.
All correspondence with regards to privacy should be addressed to:
The Privacy OfficerYou may contact the Privacy Officer by email in the first instance.
- All correspondence with regards to privacy should be addressed to:
ADDITIONS TO THIS POLICY